This is an analysis of the poem At Breakfast Time that begins with:
My Pa he eats his breakfast
in a funny sort of way: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcdedfaga XbhbXbhbadgd aecebiaidjgj abcbXkfkgXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 0010101 1101011 1011001 1101011 1110001 11110101 111101 1111010 1111101 10101010 1110101 1111010 1010100 00111010 1010111 11010101 010101 1110010 1011101 11011101 111001 1111101010 10101 11010101 110101 01010101 110111 11010101 111111 11110111 111111 11010011 101101 1101010 1011101 1101110 1010111 10111110 1110101 11101110 1110111 11101110 1010101 1111010 1111111 1111011 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 379
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, an' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word an' is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At Breakfast Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.