This is an analysis of the poem Best Way To Read A Book that begins with:
Best way to read a book I know
Is get a lad of six or so,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd eebbeeee ffgghhccXffbbaabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 01010111 11110111 10011111 11010101 11110101 10011111 1010001001 11011111 11010111 11010111 11011001 11110101 11010101 11010101 11010111 11010101 01111101 11011101 11011101 111101001 01110111 11001101 11001101 11010111 01010101 11110111 11010111 10110111 11010101 11011101 11110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Best Way To Read A Book;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.