This is an analysis of the poem The Joys Of Home that begins with:
Curling smoke from a chimney low,
And only a few more steps to go,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeefX ggcchh iiggff hhjjdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 10100101 110011101 10110101 101110101 1110111101 11011101 111100100 001110101 100101010 101111010 100101111 101101010 11101111 111111101 11111111 1011101101 1011111111 10111011111 110101101 011100111 111011001 110110101 00101010111 110100101 111111101 011111111 1010111101 11111111111 100101101 011100100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Joys Of Home;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.