This is an analysis of the poem The Tree Of Rivelin that begins with:
The lightning, like an Arab, cross'd
The moon's dark path on high,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcddedeaaaaefefdgdgXeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 011111 1111001011 011101 11010101 010111 11110101 110101 11010111 011101 11111111 1100001 110010100 010001 011101101 111101 11111101 110111 01111111 010101 01000101 011101 011110111 110111 10010011 0101010 01010111 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 969
- Average number of words per stanza: 172
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Tree Of Rivelin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.