This is an analysis of the poem Notes On The Art Of Poetry that begins with:
I could never have dreamt that there were such goings-on
in the world between the covers of books, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcabbbcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111101101 0010101001 11111101 11001101010 111101011 10110010 00101110 1010111 1101001010 00101110110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 420
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; such, words are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word such is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Notes On The Art Of Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.