This is an analysis of the poem Why East Wind Chills that begins with:
Why east wind chills and south wind cools
Shall not be known till windwell dries...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaaabc XdeXdd dabaeXaXced
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,6,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111111 11011101 111101 01110111 0100101 11011011 01110101 11111011 1101110101 110110101 111010011 11011111 1001010111 1101000101 10110100011 11110101 1110010001 11011111 1011010001 0111010111 11101110 1101010100 11110111 11000101 0101010101 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 344
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why East Wind Chills;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.