This is an analysis of the poem Love In The Asylum that begins with:
A stranger has come
To share my room in the house not right in the head,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc abc abc dec decXdec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011 011100111001 01111 100100100101 100101 1010101101001 110101001101 11101 110010100011 11101 1010100110101 01101 110010111101 11100 101111111101 1101100111111 11011 1001101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love In The Asylum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dylan Thomas
- Analysis of Deaths And Entrances
- Analysis of Before I Knocked
- Analysis of Especially When The October Wind