This is an analysis of the poem In My Craft Or Sullen Art that begins with:
In my craft or sullen art
Exercised in the still night...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbacbbbaXaabcbbbba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111101 1010011 1100110 1010101 0111011 1111101 1101011 1011101 1010010 1101010 011101 1101101 0010111 111010 1101001 01100011 1101011 1010010 1111110 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In My Craft Or Sullen Art;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dylan Thomas
- Analysis of Light Breaks Where No Sun Shines
- Analysis of All That I Owe The Fellows Of The Grave
- Analysis of Ears In The Turrets Hear