This is an analysis of the poem Light Breaks Where No Sun Shines that begins with:
Light breaks where no sun shines;
Where no sea runs, the waters of the heart...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaaba aXaaXa acddca aaeXaa feddef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 1111010001 1011 1101010011 0101 1101111101 010001 1111110101 1111 0101100001 1101 1110010101 110101 0101110101 1101 1111010001 1001 0100010101 100101 1111010001 1101 1110010110 0101 01001010001 111101 1101111001 1101 0100011101 111001 0101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Light Breaks Where No Sun Shines;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dylan Thomas
- Analysis of All That I Owe The Fellows Of The Grave
- Analysis of Ears In The Turrets Hear
- Analysis of All All And All The Dry Worlds Lever