This is an analysis of the poem How Soon The Servant Sun that begins with:
How soon the servant sun,
(Sir morrow mark),...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaabab cdaXdce abaabab efegeeg dXddXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 1101 111010101 1101 110001 1011110101 1010111 110101 0101 01010101110 11001 110101 1111110101 110111 110101 0101 0111000101 0111 110111 1011110101 1010111 111101 1101 1101010101 1101 110101 0101010001 0100101 011111 0101 1011010101 0111 1111111101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 198
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of How Soon The Servant Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.