This is an analysis of the poem Fantasia that begins with:
Here in Samarcand they offer emeralds,
Pure as frozen drops of sea-water,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbcXaabbbBX dbXdbXcX XececcXccbBX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,8,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100110100 111010110 1011111010 1010110110 001010 1111111000 10100010 101010101 1110111010 001110100010 11101010 10101010 0010100 1111101110 11101010 1010101 11101010 11111110 1010110 111111111 0010100 111111101 0010011 00101010 10101 111110101011 001010101 111110101010 10101 111110111 11101010 10101010 0010100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 391
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word here at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word samarcand at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fantasia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.