This is an analysis of the poem The Forgers that begins with:
IN the smithy it began:
Let's make something for a man!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdXeffgGdXgghAaeeXGghheaeiiaaaXXiiggeehhdXeegeGAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 54,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010001 1110101 1010111 1011111 01101001 1110101 1110101 1000 11111110 1010101 101101 1010101 101101 1010101 1000 1010111 1110111 101101 1010101 00100001 10101010 10101110 1000 101101 1010101 1010101 10111 11111110 101 1010 1010101 1010101 1010111 1010101 1010101 1000 1010111 1111101 1010101 1010111 1111011 10101010 10101010 1010101 1010011 1011101 1000 10100010 11100110 1010101 101000010 101101 1010101 1010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1581
- Average number of words per stanza: 295
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tell, it, ho are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words tell, see, ding are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase tell connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Forgers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.