This is an analysis of the poem Poetry that begins with:
In the same way that the mindless diamond keeps
one spark of the planet's early fires...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXXaXbbXc Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00111010101 1100101010 101000101 01110111001 10100011101 001010011001 01010010101 100110111010 001110111001 10010100111 01110100101 1010010100101 010101001010 101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 318
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.