This is an analysis of the poem My Love that begins with:
It’s not the lover that we love, but love
itself, love as in nothing, as in O;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcdef Xbgdh fbXbibcXXedhgbbggi aXXhXeceaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,18,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011111 0111010101 100101010110 101101 1101101011010 011001111 11011001101 1101110111 1110100001 1111100100101 10110011101 11101011011 111101111111 101010011 10010100 1100111100011 100111101 11011001101 0111101101 01011101100 1111110110 1111010110110 11101111101 110111101 11111100 01001010100 1111101 1101010100 01111111 110101110101 1010101111 1000101011011 1101001101 11001100 10010001001 1011001000 10010111111 101010100010 11010010011 1000011011 110011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 443
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; love, we, i, over are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.