This is an analysis of the poem In Your Poisoned Wounds that begins with:
In your poisoned wounds
Fall the shadows of burning planets ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaaXb XXbaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101 101101010 0101001010 101001101101 1111010111 1110010 1100010110 11010 111011010010 11011010 0010101101010 000101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Your Poisoned Wounds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dilip Chitre
- Analysis of They Tell Me Your Colour Is Blue
- Analysis of Bhopal Embryos
- Analysis of Leningrad, Sans Mandelstam, April 1980