This is an analysis of the poem They Tell Me Your Colour Is Blue that begins with:
They tell me your colour is blue
My life-breath feeds on your inspiring luminous pastures...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb XXab XaXX XXbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111001 111111010010010 11111111001 010100110110 0010111101000 1111011011111 1110001010111100110 011011110 1010110 0010011 110110101110 01111010110100 10010100101001 0011001010 1111011110101 01001001001010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of They Tell Me Your Colour Is Blue;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.