This is an analysis of the poem No One Knew that begins with:
It was a day like any other,
The same dull sky, the same drab street....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbacacdXdXXedefgfgfXfdhhahaah
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 31,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010111010 01110111 1101001010 00010101 100111010 01010101 101101110 11111101 010101110 11010100 010110110 10010101 1111011100 01010101 110101010 01110101 0101010010 01101111 110101010 01100100 110101110 10110100010 110110010 10010101 11110101 00111101 010111110 10110001 110011110 110111010 1101111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1148
- Average number of words per stanza: 197
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of No One Knew;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.