This is an analysis of the poem 'Enemies Of The 5-Year Plan' that begins with:
The Landowner glares like a ferocious watchdog
The Kulak [rich peasant] snorts through his bulbous nose...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa aXba XabXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011011001011 010110110101 001001100101 010110001111 0011001110 010001001 0100101011 0110111 1111101001 1010100111 1110110111 101110 1100010100 101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Enemies Of The 5-Year Plan';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.