This is an analysis of the poem The Poetry of Bad Weather that begins with:
Someone had propped a skateboard
by the door of the classroom,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX Xca XXc XbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011 1010011 011001101 10110100100 010010101010 111010 00111011101 1110011101 1111010 11010011111 101111011 100101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Poetry of Bad Weather;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Debora Greger
- Analysis of Station 40, Chiriu: The Poet Ariwara No Narihira At Eight Bridges
- Analysis of Head, Perhaps Of An Angel
- Analysis of A Woman On The Dump