This is an analysis of the poem A Woman On The Dump that begins with:
Is it peace,
Is it a philosopher’s honeymoon, one finds...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdeXb fgfe abXb Xaba acbb bghh dXcbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,4,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001 000010010111 101 1010 100101111010 011101000101 0010010110110 001101 0111011001 100101010 001100010100101 011010101 0010110101 001100001010 11010010010101 01001111100 0010110010100 00111001100 0001000101110 111010101 001101100101 0111111 10001000101 100101011 100111010 100001010010 100101010 1101011 10100101001 1000111001 0010100011 101110111 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words is, of, over are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Woman On The Dump;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Debora Greger
- Analysis of The Dictionary of Silence
- Analysis of The Poetry of Bad Weather
- Analysis of Station 40, Chiriu: The Poet Ariwara No Narihira At Eight Bridges