This is an analysis of the poem Tenth Commandment that begins with:
The woman said yes she would go to Australia with him
Unless he heard wrong and she said Argentina...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccdcXedfdbXaffbeXefX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111001001 011111111010 1111010101010 01011001010001 11110101010110 010001011010100 01010010101011 00101010010101 11111101011 111001010110 1010101010 101101010110101 01101111010 11111011010 001011010011 0110101001000100 01000111000100 110011010010100 1101010001001 0100011001110 1101101000010 101110100100100 1001001011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1141
- Average number of words per stanza: 205
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tenth Commandment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.