This is an analysis of the poem January 1 that begins with:
Some people confuse inspiration with lightning
not me I know it comes from the lungs and air ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbcXcdXdeXXeXeXea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110011010010 11110100111 110011010101 0010110010101 0010110101011 11011010110 0010111111 010111011101 0101101001 11011100101 110100110101 01010100100100 10101110010010 11101111101 010110101010010 1110010100010 10110101110110 010111011001 01001110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 915
- Average number of words per stanza: 175
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of January 1;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.