This is an analysis of the poem The Left Bank that begins with:
Don't walk away, Renee,
I'm just getting warmed up...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXccdbXXXeddfcegfcga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 011011 11001010 10100101 1100101 101101 1010100 0100110 001111 0100011 10111001 01001001 0111110 010111001 1110110 00101001 1011011 11100111 11010111 01110101 110101110 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 626
- Average number of words per stanza: 120
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Left Bank;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.