This is an analysis of the poem The Moon that begins with:
A web of sewer, pipe, and wire connects each house to the others.
In 206 a dog sleeps by the stove where a small gas leak causes him...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bc dX Xe fc gb c gc X da cXX Xe aXa XdXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,1,2,3,2,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01010111001110010 0101110110111101 011010111001011 1101110100101111 010010011111 101001001101001001 1 100110110101010 10010111111 0101110010101 0101101010111 111010010 1111001010011 10100110101101 01011010010000 0101011010101 1101100101101 010101101001010110 0101010110010100 10101 11110001101001010 11010101 11111101010 1100011101100 00101010010010 1101010110111 111100110101 10110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 96
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.