This is an analysis of the poem The Broken Mirror that begins with:
My life is almost over; that's a fact
Statistically derived but simply true;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbA XbA abA XbA abAXabAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101110101 01000011101 1100010101 1101111111 0101111101 1101110101 0101010101 1111010101 1100010101 1101111010 0101000111 1101110101 1110010001 1111001011 1100010101 1101010001 1101110011 1100010101 1101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Broken Mirror;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.