This is an analysis of the poem The House Of The Life (66): The Heart Of The Night that begins with:
From child to youth; from youth to arduous man;
From lethargy to fever of the heart;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXXa cbdcbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01010101001 0100010001 010101100101 0101010101 1101011101 1101011111 0101010100 01101011001 1101111101 1101010011 10101010101 1101010001 0101000101 0111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from, to, lord, o, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, o are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of The Life (66): The Heart Of The Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of The Gloom That Breathes Upon Me
- Analysis of The House Of Life: 71. The Choice, I
- Analysis of The House Of Life: 22. Heart's Haven