This is an analysis of the poem The Gloom That Breathes Upon Me that begins with:
The gloom that breathes upon me with these airs
Is like the drops which stike the traveller's brow ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXbba cdcdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111011011 01011101001 1111001111 1110110101 110101100110 11110000111 1101011111 1111110111 1100011111 01010000101 1111111111 101010001001 1101010001 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 340
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gloom That Breathes Upon Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.