This is an analysis of the poem The Ballad Of Dead Ladies that begins with:
Tell me now in what hidden way is
Lady Flora the lovely Roman? ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbC bXbbbcXC aXXbbcbC XcXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011010 101001010 11001101 100001010 101010011 10111011 111011110 111010101 110011 11110011 11111101 01111111 11111001 11110011 100111010 111010101 111101010 001110100 101010010 110001001 11011110 1111101 10011111 111010101 11010111 11111101 010011100 111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; this is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word year at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ballad Of Dead Ladies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.