This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Iv: Lovesight that begins with:
When do I see thee most, beloved one?
When in the light the spirits of mine eyes... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabbaccdeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111110101 1001010011 0111110100 0100111111 11001101101 1111000101 11110100101 1111011101 1111011111 10110101101 11001101001 11110111001 0110010101 010110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 605
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Iv: Lovesight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.