This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xxi: Love Sweetness that begins with:
Sweet dimness of her loosened hair's downfall
About thy face; her sweet hands round thy head... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabbacddcXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1100010111 0111011111 01010010100 01001010101 01010010100 0111011101 1111111111 1001110111 1101110101 0101111111 01001110011 1101000101 1101011100 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 644
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, sweet, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xxi: Love Sweetness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Sonnet Xcviii: He And I
- Analysis of Sonnets Xcix: C: Newborn Death
- Analysis of Sacrament Hymn