This is an analysis of the poem Smithereens that begins with:
UNCERTAIN-AGED Miss Thereabouts,
Tough fossil of her teens, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XababcXcXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 110001 11010101 010101 10110111 111101 1100011101 110101 11010100 1110111 10110111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 379
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Smithereens;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of For Our Lady Of The Rocks By Leonardo Da Vinci
- Analysis of Sonnet Lxxxiii: Barren Spring
- Analysis of Sonnet Xlvii: Broken Music