This is an analysis of the poem For Our Lady Of The Rocks By Leonardo Da Vinci that begins with:
Mother, is this the darkness of the end,
The Shadow of Death? and is that outer sea... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaabcadeXeXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1000010001 01101101101 1001000100 1101111101 0111011101 0101010111 1001001100 00111101101 1001010100 1111100101 10110101001 1111110101 1101001101 0101000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 589
- Average number of words per stanza: 105
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of For Our Lady Of The Rocks By Leonardo Da Vinci;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Sonnet Lxxxiii: Barren Spring
- Analysis of Sonnet Xlvii: Broken Music
- Analysis of Dantis Tenebrae (In Memory Of My Father)