This is an analysis of the poem Barcarola (#2) that begins with:
Qualche cosa?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 110 111110 100100 10110 11100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 87
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 14 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Barcarola (#2);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Analysis of Sonnet Xxi: Love Sweetness
- Analysis of Sonnet Xcviii: He And I
- Analysis of Sonnets Xcix: C: Newborn Death