This is an analysis of the poem A Song that begins with:
We shall close our eyes,
O people! O people!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaA caca aBaA cacX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 110110 111011 11001100 1110101 110110 101001001 110110 11111 110110 111011 11001100 111011001 1111 1110011001 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Daniil Ivanovich Kharms
- Analysis of An Evening Song To She Who Exists By My Name
- Analysis of A Romance
- Analysis of First Poem From The