This is an analysis of the poem An Evening Song To She Who Exists By My Name that begins with:
Daughter of the daughter of the daughters of the daughter Pe
foreto the apple you ate of yee...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbXccdde ccffceXeg hibIIiX cfXciji hhXXagXjcfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,9,7,7,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100010001000101 1000101101 010101100110010001001 100100011010110100110 100100101 100111111101 1001011010001 10110101 1001010010011 111100111 111 1101101 0110110 0110110 10010010010101011010100010 10100101010 11111101101 1101100100100101 10111110 11101011 10101 1001100100110 1001100100110 100110010001011 110101101100011 110101101100011 100010011 1000100010001001 1110011 1010011 101011 10100010001011 10101100101 1100101000110 10011011101 010011110 010011110 100010001001 1110111 01110110111001 011101111 10001011 01110110 1001110001101101 010100011110 101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 404
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, daughter, world, open, that, you, and, restless, into, mine, own, your, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words open, that, the, origin, but, of are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines you, faces, hand, sister are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Evening Song To She Who Exists By My Name;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.