This is an analysis of the poem In Warsaw that begins with:
What are you doing here, poet, on the ruins
Of St. John's Cathedral this sunny...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX cXX deXfbaa beegchciFiFefjbgf gagkXeajhkX dcXkak
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,7,17,11,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111101101010 011010010 1001 111101101 100010010 0110010 111000 010010 111001 0110110 11111010 00100100101 010110100 100100100 101010 00101010 0100101 00101001 1111011 0010101 1011011 111101 10110101 111101 11010 1010010010 0111001 11110010 101101 0100101 111011110 110111 111110101 01001111 111001 010010 110100100 01100111 10111 0100100100 10111010 01001011 1001001 1110010 010011001101 1001101 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not, to are repeated.
The author used the same word what at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Warsaw;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.