This is an analysis of the poem Artificer that begins with:
Burning, he walks in the stream of flickering letters, clarinets,
machines throbbing quicker than the heart, lopped-off heads, silk...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX a bc c dcXbXe XdbXXcecca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,1,2,1,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011001010010100 0110101011111 1001111001 1100100111 01011110101000101 1 1111011011111 1101010100110100 101 1011101010011100 10010101010011001 01 0001011100111 110101011111 1001111011001 111110110101 100111001011100010 01101011101000 110111101111010 11001011110010 101101010010000101 10 10110101011101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 201
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, his, in are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Artificer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.