This is an analysis of the poem Annalena that begins with:
It happened that sometimes I kissed in mirrors the reflection of my face, since the hands, face and tears of Annalena had caressed it, it seemed to...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101110100010011101111010001010010101010010010100101101010110000100101011010101111110101010001011101101010101011101000100010110110010101110010110100001111011000101001001001001011010010011011101100011001011001100101011010100100100011001010010010100111111010111111101110001110011101111011001110111111010010100101000101 10001010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 641
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 2
- Average number of symbols per line: 641 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 116
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Annalena;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.