This is an analysis of the poem To The Moon that begins with:
O lovely moon, how well do I recall
The time,--'tis just a year--when up this hill...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXaXXcXXbXddcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101111101 0111011101 1101010111 11010110101 1111110111 1101110001 1100010111 0101111001 1111110100 101101101 1101010101 0101001101 1100000101 1101010101 1100110101 0111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 686
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To The Moon;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.