This is an analysis of the poem Fragment I that begins with:
I round the threshold wandering here,
Vainly the tempest and the rain invoke,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX bbc bXX adcXbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 110111001 1001010101 1111110100 1101110001 01010100001 0101110001 11111101111 1101110011 0101010101 0111011101 10010110101 0101110101 10100110101 11000101001 0111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Fragment I;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.