This is an analysis of the poem To Have Taken The Trouble that begins with:
I'm practically broke and homeless.
This fatal city, Antioch,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabX baXcddeffg ebh ieXfg giXiX X gdh ggXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,10,3,5,5,1,3,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010001110 01010101 10101110 010100001001 101101010 0101001 111010110111 10100110011110 11101001101010 11010101010 11010100010101 111101010011 111001010011111 01001000010110100 1101011010101 01010 1010101100 1101111 110010001011101 10111101100 110111010110111 011110111 1011001 1011001001011 11001010 10110010011 1110100 1001011101 1110010 0111101111 0100110011100 101010111 010101100111 0010110110010 001010101 1110110101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, my, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Have Taken The Trouble;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.