This is an analysis of the poem The Footsteps that begins with:
Eagles of coral
adorn the ebony bed...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXacc dXdadbdXXXXXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010 0101001 1101101 101010 00100101 0011001 1001010111 0101001000 110011100 010110 110111010010 1101001 010110101 101111011 11010100010 10001001 101101100 11011010010 0111110110 1110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 339
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Footsteps;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.