This is an analysis of the poem The Sphinx Of The Infinite that begins with:
The mystery beyond all mysteries,
Of which involves the lesser in itself,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXXXaXXXXacXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100011100 0101010001 11011100101 0101111100 0101010101 1101011010 00110010101 1101000101 1101010101 1001000101 11010100010 1101010101 01110011101 1101010111 1101000101 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 665
- Average number of words per stanza: 120
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sphinx Of The Infinite;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.