This is an analysis of the poem Supplication that begins with:
Be clement still, and steep
Thy breasts in mandragore,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbab cddeceXeaabeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010111 110100 1111010101 10110100 1011011101 010100 101111 101111 11001110111 11011101 1111010101 0100101 011101 011101 1110110111 010011011 01010010001 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Supplication;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.