This is an analysis of the poem The Pursuer that begins with:
Climbing from out what nadir-fountained sea,
From nether incarnations none may sound—...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacbbc bdbdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10011101001 0100010111 1001010101 0101010101 0111010100 1111000101 01001100101 0100110100 1101010101 1111010101 11011101011 1101010100 111010101 11110100100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Pursuer;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.