This is an analysis of the poem Psalm (From - Ebony And Crystal) that begins with:
My beloved is a well of clear waters,
To which I have come at noontide,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdebaaaf bfXgbXXXXfXeadgXdbcbXXgb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,24,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100010110 01111110 001000101001010 0010101 110101010001001101 10100111000101 111100101 1110100110100101 101010001010 110101000 1101010001010010 1010001010 1001010 0101000101 10100010010 0111001 11001010011 101001010001000 11001001010 01010001101 010100101 1101011010 11001011001 010100101 10101110100010 110101 11101010100010 010101 1100100010 01111110010111010010 110110010 11000111001 110101 00101011001110 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 746
- Average number of words per stanza: 133
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word from is repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm (From - Ebony And Crystal);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.