This is an analysis of the poem The Music Of Your Voice that begins with:
A vase upon the mantelpiece,
A ship upon the sea,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXbXb Xcdcdeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010100 010101 01010101 110101 11110101 111101 110111000 110111 01010101 010001 11111111 110111 11110101 110111 1101110 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; upon, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, or, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Music Of Your Voice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.