This is an analysis of the poem The Cab Horses' Story that begins with:
Now, you wouldn't imagine, to look at me,
That I was a racehorse once.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcc cdcdcc acacee fgfgee hihiii bebeee jgjgkk aiXXff eceXhX jljlii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11100100111 1110111 111110111 1101111 111011011 010100101 111011100 0100111 1110110111 101101 1010110101 11011101 110111111 111011011 111111111 1100111 1110100101 111101101 1110110111 1101101 101011101 1111111 111111101 010010101 011110101 1110111 1111010101 1110111 1011010111 10010101 111011111 100101 010100101 1100101 110101101 11100110101 1111111111 1111101 10010101 0101011 110110111 11000101 1111100111 100011 110111111 1100011 1111100111 1011100101 1111100101 1110101 111011111 01111000 1110111111 111110111 1110100111 111011101 111011111 1110111 0010111111 111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 215
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, 'twas are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase i connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cab Horses' Story;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.