This is an analysis of the poem Cosmic Comic Relief that begins with:
Sadly sobbing, sadly sobbing,
Rolls the restless wireless sea,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcddBC XeaebfddbF gXgXbcddBC dhdhbfddbF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1010101 10101110 11111000 11010101 010001 11101010 00101010 11011101 110101 10111010 1010101 101010100 1010101 11010111 111101 11101010 10101110 11010111 110101 10101110 10101001 10101110 1010010 01111101 010101 11101010 10101010 11011101 110101 101010010 1110111 11101010 10010111 11011111 01010101 010011010 111101010 11010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 314
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cosmic Comic Relief;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.