This is an analysis of the poem Summer Sanctuary that begins with:
Not upon the crowded beaches
Where the sun beats fierce and hot;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd XdededeX dXdXeXeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1011111 10101010 0010101 10111010 1010111 10111110 1010101 10101110 1000101 11111110 1011101 101111010 1011101 10110010 1010111 101111010 1010111 00110010 0010101 10111010 1011111 11100110 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Summer Sanctuary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.